Laundry Shop Question | Equipment Question | Income Question | Payment Question | Laundry Operation Question
How To Start A Laundry Shop?
- I have not involved in Laundry business before, can you guide me?
Yes we will teach you how to
we will give you a price list sample
how to operate a washer and dryer machine
how to run a daily laundry shop operation which includes (how to sort cloths, how to wash different kind of fabric, how to iron and fold cloths)
- I am interested and how soon can I start?
Your laundry shop can be setup in 1 week
Step 1 : Identify the location of your shop
Step 2: Select our package "Aqua", "upgrade" or "budget"
Step 3 : Our workers will install the machine at your shop
- Can you recommend a good location for me?
We advise you look for a densely populated locations or newly developed township. Places with a lot of traffic like Taman Desa, Old Klang Road, Cheras, Kota Damansara...do a simple research in iproperty.com.my or talk to a property agent.
- How Many Washer and Dryer Do I Actually Need?
The ideal number of machine you should use is 2 washers or more (13kg & 8kg), 1 x 15KG dryers.
The reason why you need 2 washers is because when you separate the customer clothing by color (dark and white ) into 2 load of baskets, you can put 2 loads into in 2 washers at the same time. Thus save time. Otherwise you need to wash 2 times which take up to 2 x 1cycle/40 minutes = 80 minutes. You also the additional washer machine as backup. In case your primary washing machine is down, you still can run the business.
- Why can I just lump the whole load without separating the color into the washer?
Dark colored cloth can't be mixed with white colored cloth into the single washing because it will taint the white colored cloths with dark dyes.
- Is your machine 10.5kg or 8kg? I saw the same model from other website, it says 10.5kgs
Very good question, actually it is 8.3kg max load as indicated on machine but NOT 10.5kg for tax reason.
- Why I need to use large 13kg Frontload washer?
Frontload washer can wash Comforters, curtain, bedsheet..etc cleaner because it uses different approach to clean cloths as compare to topload washer.
As the frontload machine drum turns, it uses gravity to drop the clothes back into the water. And while a top-loading machine will empty the soapy water and refill for a rinse agitation cycle, a front-loading machine just sprays clean water on the load as the drum continues to turn, saving gallons. Since there's no agitator in a front-loading machine, there's a lot more room for dirty clothes - and larger loads means fewer loads.
- Does your commercial wash/dryer machines comes with 1 year warranty
Yes, it does come with 1 year standard warranty for parts and labour.
- What brand is available?
We do sell the major brands like Girbau, MayTag, Huebsch, ADC..etc
- I just want to buy 1 washer or 1 dryer NOT both, it is okay?
Yes you can.
- I am located in Sarawak/Sabah, can you deliver me the machine?
Yes we can do door-to-door seafreight. It takes about 1 to 2 weeks, very fast! So far we have shipped to Kuching, Miri, Sibu, Kota Kinabalu & Tawau. It cost about aprox RM2000++ for 2 pallets.
- What is the different between the "Budget Package", "Upgrade Package" & "Aqua Package"?
For budget package, suitable for small shop like in Pangsapuri & Condo with cheap rental. For upgrade Package, good for full size shoplot. Aqua package is the best, because you can wash both normal washer & dry cleaning. Your income will substantially improve with ability to do dry cleaning items.
- How much can I expect to earn per month? (Here's the golden question)
It may vary. From our experience it may between RM3k and above net income per month. Off course it boils down to:
- your shop location
- customer service
- how many competitors in your area
- Is your customer satisfied? Things like, "are clothes properly ironed and thoroughly clean?"
Note: we can offer you a complete overview of the expenses, please make an appointment. We will break it down by how many customer you need to breakeven, what is average weigh per customer..etc
- Can you give me a breakdown on all the monthly expenses of a laundry shop?
Please click here for a general breakdown prices on cost to setup a laundry shop
- What's the ration of wet clean and dry clean, in term of sales?
It is 20-30% for wet cleaning, and rest dry cleaning
- Can you give me a real case study of ACTUAL INCOME of a laundry shop?
Here's a laundry shop that earns about RM4000 to RM6000 nett income per month after deducting all expenses..
For wet wash, they have average 17-18 customer per day (min 10, max30), 4kg/customer.
For dry cleaning customer average is 4 to 7 customer per day. 1 to 20 pieces per customer.
- I can't forge out the money now, is there anyway you can help me?
There is various sources of fund - Tekun, Mara, SME Bank, Bank Rakyat...etc.
- What payment do you accept?
Laundry Operation Question
We accept cash and banker check only.
- How long does it take for the washer to complete a washing cycle?
The washing cycle is about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Why it take so long to wash just to wash a load of cloths?
There's no shortcut to it. If you shorten the washing time, the cloths will not be properly cleaned. The normal washing cycle is 1 x main wash, 2 x rinsing and 1 spin.
- How long does it take for the dryer to dry clothing?
It normally takes 30 to 45 minutes.
A big 15kg dryer will dry much faster than a 8kg dryer. I strongly recommend a big dryer.
- Why it take so long to dry a load of clothing? Is there any way to speed up the drying process?
Yes, instead of normal washer you can use a high-spin washer (or washer-extractor) to extract as much water as possible from the clothing before you
dump it into your dyer. You can cut your drying time by approx 10 to 15minutes.
For contract job from hotel, hostel, army, hospital..etc they use the washer-extractor or washer with an external extractor.